We educate, empower, and inspire dancers and choreographers to find and express their creative voice.
In the NC State Dance Program, you’ll find an energetic and diverse community of students, faculty and guest choreographers. Here, we do more than teach technique—we take a content-driven, research-based approach to creating beautiful, meaningful art.
Our curriculum focuses on choreography and performance, combining personalized attention, artistic development and academic rigor.
At the heart of the Dance Program are our two student companies: the NCSU Dance Company, a modern dance company nationally acclaimed by the American College Dance Association, and the Panoramic Dance Project, a company that explores diverse dance styles, including jazz, modern, hip-hop, African and Latin.
Other programs include:
- Annual concerts featuring choreographic work by students, faculty and guest artists
- Academic courses, including dance composition and independent study
- A rich selection of master classes, free and open to the NC State community
- Guest choreographer residencies to enable collaboration between highly experienced guest artists and students
The Dance Program participates in other projects throughout the year, most recently performing at the NC Museum of History, leading a workshop at a local middle school, and partnering with Burning Coal Theatre Company on The State of Dance.
To learn more about our goals and initiatives and to see highlights from the past year, download our 2014-2015 annual report.
Other Ways to Experience Dance at NC State
- Dance Program faculty teach the dance track in the Arts Forum (AVS 100) for Arts Village students.
- The Department of Health and Exercise Studies offers a new dance minor as well as additional dance classes, including modern, ballet, jazz, social dance, and clogging.
- There are plenty of dance clubs at NC State. Please visit Get Involved at NC State to learn more.