Dance opportunities at NC State prior to 1990 consisted of a few beginning level technique classes offered by the Department of Physical Education, the NCSU Dance Company (founded in 1987) and DanceVisions (a student organization founded in 1977). The Dance Program joined ARTS NC STATE in 1990, and is currently home to the NCSU Dance Company and the Panoramic Dance Project.
- 2 professional staff
- NCSU Dance Company Concert – Dance program directors and invited guest artists present an annual performance of a distinguished collection of modern dance.
- Panoramic Dance Project Concert – The PDP director, invited guest artists and student company members present choreographic work from Afrocentric and World Dance perspectives.
- Fall Concert – This performance showcases the NCSU Dance Company Movement Studies Project, independent study projects, professional projects, work of invited alumni, and work by the Panoramic Dance Project.
- American College Dance Festival Association – NCSU Dance Company attends ACDFA conferences and has work adjudicated. The company has been selected to perform at the National College Gala seven times; in 2010, our student work was honored as first alternate. Our students have been recognized as best student choreographers in the nation (1994) and in the region (2008).
- Professional Projects Program – Advanced students have the opportunity to work with faculty and dance professionals in professional venues.
- Classes – The Dance Program offers a Master Class Series and academic courses.