Dance opportunities at NC State prior to 1990 consisted of a few beginning level technique classes offered by the Department of Physical Education, the NCSU Dance Company (founded in 1987) and DanceVisions (a student organization founded in 1977). The Dance Program joined ARTS NC STATE in 1990, and is currently home to two academic dance companies, the NCSU Dance Company and the Panoramic Dance Project.
- 3 professional staff
- NCSU Dance Company Concert – Dance program directors and invited guest artists present an annual performance of a distinguished collection of modern dance.
- Panoramic Dance Project Concert – The PDP director, invited guest artists and student company members present choreographic work predominantly from forms from the African diaspora.
- Fall Concert – This performance showcases the NCSU Dance Company, the Panoramic Dance Project, independent study projects, and professional projects/collaborations.
- American College Dance Association – NCSU Dance Company attends ACDA conferences and has work adjudicated.
- Master Class Series – Each semester the Dance Program hosts FREE master classes for the NC State community. Classes have included Hip-hop, modern, Latin, jazz, ballet, Bollywood, Greek Folk, Bellydance, African, among others.
- Courses – The Dance Program offers academic courses such as Dance Composition and Hip-hop Dance.
- Arts Integration/Collaborative Projects – The Dance Program works with various entities on and off campus on collaborative projects. Partners have included the Department of Chemistry, Poole College of Management, Justice Theatre Project, Department of Mathematics, Hunt Library, the Wake Forest Dance Festival, among others.